Monday, July 4, 2011

Seriously Cute Blogger Award

Thanks to Heather Hellmann for awarding me the Seriously Cute Blogger Award! Be sure to check out her blog Pen, Paper, Lots of Coffee.


In order accept the award, I must list five books/films/tv programs I’ve watched recently, so here we go:

Book – Delirium by Lauren Oliver – I read this on vacation and enjoyed it. Look for a more comprehensive review soon as I’m woefully behind in my reviews for the Speculative Fiction Reading Challenge!

Film – Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows part 1 – Yep. I was one of those who went to the midnight showing. And I’m planning to do it again in two weeks. We already have our tickets for the Thursday night double feature with parts 1 & 2. Won’t dress up or anything – that’s a bit much for my tastes.

TVBurn Notice – I originally started watching this because of Bruce Campbell (of Evil Dead and Brisco County Jr fame) and stayed for the spy tricks and explosions. Also my husband’s favorite.

Book – Linger by Maggie Stiefvater – Bought the paperback version just last week. After reading it, I’m not sure I’m going to be able to wait for the paperback release of Forever. Grr.

TVBleach – The anime bug bit me a few years ago and there’s no going back. Sorry manga purists, but I only watch the show – too much of a time commitment if I started that up…

After looking over my choices I realize they read more like the interests of a high schooler. Must work on that :)


Thanks again, Heather, for the award!

4 comments:

Lori M. Lee said...

Ooh, I just picked up Delirium recently and can't wait to start reading it! Or to watch Deathly Hallows part 2! *bwee*

Haha, I'm a manga purist xD I do love anime though. I just haven't watched it in too long b/c I think it's more time consuming than reading manga chapters. I can burn through those pretty quickly.

Bluestocking said...

Thanks, Lori. That's true about the manga, but the completist in me would need to do both. So I had to choose one or the other and since I started with the anime version... that's the one I'm sticking with so far!

Anonymous said...

We're going to a midnight showing, too! This series has been a huge ivnestment of time and the final installment just feels like it deserves the midnight showing.

I may not may not own a Ravenclaw T-shirt from the Harry Potter theme park and I may or may not wear it to the midnight show. Would you call that a bit much? :O

Bluestocking said...

Anonymeet, I'll allow it this time. You're lucky I'm in a generous mood :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...